So it’s 2:30 EST and I really have nothing to do. I need to unload the dishwasher, but other than that…anyway, I’m bored. So I’m doing another survey for my own amusement. Again, I haven’t read all the questions before hand. So here we go.
1. What’s a question you’re afraid to ask? To whom? I can’t think of anything I’m particularly afraid to ask someone, other than asking my friend if she likes her birthday present. lol. But that’s not for a couple weeks. I just always feel nervous about giving people gifts because I’m never sure if they actually like the gift or if they’re just saying that.
2. What’s something you hide about your personality? Hmm…maybe that I’m more sensitive that I let on. I’m one of those people who would always always rather hear the truth, and I am very good at not flipping out over the things people tell me. But sometimes those things still sting a lot and I secretly let them get to me when they shouldn’t.
3. What’s something other people think about you that you don’t agree with? About me? Probably that I’m really smart. That seems to be something pretty much everyone I know has said to me at some point. But I tend to disagree. Maybe it’s because I always want to know more.
4. How do you deal with criticism? I think we just covered that, actually. Again, I prefer the truth, but sometimes it’s a bitter pill to swallow. I try to keep my disappointment to myself though.
5. What’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for you? Um…someone published a poem about me once. I thought that was really sweet. Especially cause I think I was the only one who knew it was about me.
6. What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for someone? I have no idea.
7. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? I’ve always wanted to be invited to be a guest for something. Like a guest writer or invited to sing a duet or something. That’d be pretty frickin’ sweet.
8. Describe your favorite texture. Hmm. I love the texture of my bed sheets. It’s somewhere in between silk and jersey cotton. They’re called sport something-or-other.
9. Trigger warning: Which national or global tragedy were you closest to and how did it affect you? I try my best to avoid triggering anxiety by not getting emotionally involved in tragedies. I prefer to stay concerned for those who may be hurt, but still pretty removed from the situation. However, the Zhara Baker case was one I followed daily, and it really got to me a lot. I think because she was just a little girl and the whole thing happened like the say before my wedding.
10. Post a photo/draw a picture/write a poem (pick one) of a moment of personal significance.
11. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why? I’d love to introduce Mr. Darcy to the hamburger.
12. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? Can someone be a hero and an anti-hero at the same time? Cause I can only think of one person, and for the sake of my family I won’t name who. This person is, in general, a very good person. But they have some really bad habits that I hope I never adopt.
13. What’s your least “politically correct” opinion? That voting is stupid.
14. What kind of underwear do you imagine Sherlock Holmes wears? In my version of things, he doesn’t. Because it wastes five seconds to put them on each morning. But if he HAD to wear underwear, they’re probably brown plaid.
15. What’s one of the most difficult things you’ve ever had to do? Give up my eight-year-old kitty. I got her when I was 18, and she was always kind of loopy. Psycho cat, but harmless. Then out of nowhere, she started attacking people. She would run out of her room (yes, my cat had her own bedroom) and she would bite and scratch people really bad, and then run away. We had her checked by multiple vets and they all said she was healthy. After she attacked my mother-in-law and the bites got infected, we had no choice but to take her to a no-kill shelter. I miss her every day.
16. If you were an element on the Periodic Table, which would you be and why? *sigh* Can one of my science friends come up with something witty for me?
17. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do? Uh…my mom goes on about being fat all the time. She’s unhappy if she’s over 105.
18. Which movie character do you most identify with and why? That’s a tough one. I don’t really know. Is there a character out there that strives for normality even though they’re somehow a freak? That one.
19. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy? Oh, man. I’d love to kill a bad guy with a plastic spork from Taco Bell. For realz. And I would probably scream something like, “This was meant for the refried beans!!!”
20. What’s the silliest fan theory you’ve ever come up with? Fan theory? Lemme think one up real quick…how about Rose Tyler’s dad dying wasn’t really a fixed point in time, but he still had to die because the car that hit him was really the disguised craft of an alien race who’s job was to find food for those flying bat-snake-aliens so the bat-snake-aliens didn’t eat thew other aliens instead. So the “car” was going round in circles waiting to hit him to feed the other dudes, and the other dudes were attacking the church cause they were pissed off and hungry for some middle-aged European man-flesh…Seriously though, why is that a fixed point in time? It’s not like Rose wouldn’t have met the doctor if her dad never died…right?
21. What did you think about before you fell asleep last night? I was lying there with my eyes closed, listening to My Big Fat Greek Wedding and “watching” it in my head.
22. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? I have a friend who calls me a lemon. That’s kinda odd I guess.
23. What motivates you in life? I dunno. Haven’t really thought about it. I’m not generally a very motivated person. I guess the potential for power/authority of some kind?
24. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that? I used to LOVE writing in my journals. But I stopped when my ex forced me to read them to him so he could use the things I wrote against me. Completely ruined the one hobby I was really passionate about.
25. How do you think you will fare when the Zombie Apocalypse arrives? I’d be screwed, cause I don’t have a bicycle.
26. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why? I have no idea which one I’m most like, since descriptions of mythological creatures vary from person to person. But if I could be any one of them, I think it’d be kinda cool to be a “familiar” of some sort. Not the new age hippy kind, but like a talking cat or some shit. Or maybe like Zak from Keepsake. A talking dragon that was turned into a still-talking wolf. I think it’d just be cool to be an animal capable of excessive laziness, but still able to hold a conversation during short periods of wakefulness.
27. Write a brief story about an actual adventure you’ve had. When I was in Jamaica I got to go hiking and zip-lining through the rainforest. My partner and I got into this truck that was off-roading up a huge mountain. Once we got about half way up, we hiked the rest of the way. Then we climbed up a huge tree and started going back down the mountain by zip-lining from tree to tree. I was pretty awesome. Second time I’ve done it and I just love it.
28. Describe one of the most awkward experiences of your life. There are tons, I’m sure. But the only one that’s coming to mind was a funeral I attended while on Zoloft. I reacted very badly to the medication and I was so antsy and restless that I could NOT sit still. I was ready to scream it was so bad.
29. What’s something that scares you about the future? The idea that I might not ever get to have children. Or that I’ll be so old when I do have them that I won’t be able to keep up with them and raise them the way they deserve.
30. List 5 quirky things about yourself. I have a supernova super backpack that I wear everywhere. I never let both my feet touch the floor at the same time when I’m sitting at my desk. I squeak “itch itch itch” when I scratch my head. I meow at random. I LOVE asking people to tell me secrets.
31. Describe your dream library. Um…pretty much the library from Beauty and the Beast (the Disney version, of course), but with more comfy chairs and shaggy carpet to lie on.
32. What’s the weirdest item you’ve ever mourned? When I was a kid, my favorite doll lost his index finger. I still have the doll, and I still mourn the lost of his finger.
33. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like? Oooh. Make it a roller coaster! The biggest, longest-lasting, scariest, fastest, most super-loopy-awesome roller coaster ever!!!
34. Do you have any “rules” about food? Not really. I don’t like any kinds of peppers, and I don’t like mushrooms. Other than that I will eat just about anything.
35. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships? Having been in a relationship before where there was a significant age difference, all I can really say is that the younger person should choose wisely if considering someone older. It’s quite easy for the older person to become controlling and/or overly-critical because they think (generally incorrectly) that with age comes wisdom and they’re somehow an authority on life.
36. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? I don’t know. I’m pretty dorky and out there, so I don’t know of anything I’d be really embarrassed to tell people about. Maybe get cosmetic dental surgery. That’s kind of embarrassing because it’s vain. But then again, I’m not really embarrassed to talk about my boob job, so…
37. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for. I’ll always be nostalgic for the night my spouse proposed to me. It was a perfect perfect night and the first time he ever pulled one over on me. lol.
38. How do you approach social situations? I kinda don’t, really. Not unless I already know the person pretty well. I’m always scared that I don’t come off as authentically nice or happy, and that’s why people avoid me. (Which they do.) So most of the time I just don’t bother with a lot of social situations.
39. What is your ideal bed? Why? I want that tempurpedic ergo thing! In a king size! I love the super soft tempurpedic material, and it’d just be so cool to have a bed that’ll sit up so I can read without having to lean up against the wall and curve my back at a funky angle.
40. Post a haiku based on your life. Um…no. Cause a haiku is supposed to be based on a sense or a single moment. So…again. No. (That and I just don’t want to write any poetry right now.)